About Me

My photo
New homeowner in Black Rock, Buffalo NY. Bachelors in art ed, masters in social studies/ special ed, job where I use neither. Addiction to thrifting, tights/leggings, boots, VHS tapes and liquid eyeliner. Enjoy painting, drawing and occasionally some chalk on the sidewalk. Love de- and reconstructing clothes, knitting, making jewelry and experimenting with fun eye makeup and hair color changes. Love the outdoors, learning to garden, practicing composter. Obsessed with greening up my life but not a preachy, pretentious jerk about the subject (maybe a bit pushy on the recycling thing *cough*). Loads of interests, small circle of friends, always looking for more of both. My fashion is influenced by street style, movies, comics, and my imagination.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Today's outfit for work 2-9-12
























Alright, so I already did one outfit post today, but they were from earlier in the week and this one is from TODAY! Haha! A little more old lady chic I'd say than what I've posted so far, but comfy. I'd like to add I'm not much of a smiler in pictures. I'm a terrible fake smiler AND I have big fat chimpmunk cheeks coupled with a small mouth so it's not pretty. I swear I'm not trying to make an aloof hipster face.


This outfit - boots $4, skirt $4, shirt $3 - Amvets thrift store; black tank top $3, all black medieval influenced ring $5 (both bought with xmas gift card) -H & M, wrist cuff - $1, flea market, jet beads - $2, Salvation Army, scarf $2 - Honest Ed's (in Toronto, of Scott Pilgrim fame), ring with Makkala (Siamese goddess of lightning) $30 from a vintage jewelry botique in Ithaca, thumb ring from Avtar's World Bazaar (former employer) - $1, moon and star thumb ring $5 in Savannah, GA. Outfit total, minus underclothes and make-up, $60 (half of that being my Mekkala ring...I heart stuff with her).

Not gonna lie - my make-up above is from yesterday. I'm a bad girl about that. Make-up below is done this morning after I took above photos - orangey lipgloss from Hard Candy, lilac eyeshadow from Claire's (oh yes, I used to buy a LOT of cheap make-up in those big pallettes when it was on sale and the penny pincher in me just can't throw it out even though the pigmentation and texture are crap compared to more expensive stuff), grey shadow from Urban Decay vegan pallette (Gunmetal methinks?), Urban Decay liquid liner in perversion. Photos are from my bedroom. I love this bodhisattva (below left), which I've had forever from a store whose name I can't remember. The mirror,candle holder and blue dish are thrifted. The vintage hanky was my grandmother's. The Ganesh is from Lilydale. The mirror on my dresser (right, below) was trash picked.


No comments:

Post a Comment