About Me

My photo
New homeowner in Black Rock, Buffalo NY. Bachelors in art ed, masters in social studies/ special ed, job where I use neither. Addiction to thrifting, tights/leggings, boots, VHS tapes and liquid eyeliner. Enjoy painting, drawing and occasionally some chalk on the sidewalk. Love de- and reconstructing clothes, knitting, making jewelry and experimenting with fun eye makeup and hair color changes. Love the outdoors, learning to garden, practicing composter. Obsessed with greening up my life but not a preachy, pretentious jerk about the subject (maybe a bit pushy on the recycling thing *cough*). Loads of interests, small circle of friends, always looking for more of both. My fashion is influenced by street style, movies, comics, and my imagination.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Random photos - sweet coat, Mardi Gras, hair and pussy...cat. wk of 2-20-12


 
 Some random photos from last week.
Above: houndstooth vintage coat -$25
flea market (detail at right)

Left - random hair style I liked
Orange and maroon flower clips -
H & M (sold as pairs; $3.99 a pair)
Necklace - Claire's (gift?)
Make up - Urban Decay
Gems- scrapbook decals
Muscle tank - H & M $3 (gift card)
Tank with shoulder strings - $5 Wet Seal

 
Bracelet (bottom left) $1 flea market
Deer statues - vintage $.99-3 each
Somebody needs to clean their mirror!!
 Mardi Gras look  
 



I <3 pigtails.
















The red lip stain is Revlon, a gift from a friend.
It really does stay on all night...into the next day.
You have to scrub it off with soap - hard!
silver vintage shirt - $2 Salvation Army
black dress - $4 Amvets
red unicorn tie - .99 Amvets
music pin - ???
"clackers" (hair ties with balls *snicker*) -
Eve's Beauty Shop. That's the weave store in my hood,
which has loads of adorable hair stuff super cheap.
$1.00 for a pack with 10 pair, all different jewel tones.
Make up - Toki Doki (Adios pallette), red mascara - Hot Topic
Gems - scrapbook stuff; earrings - Brighton (gift)
eyeliner - Urban Decay liquid in Perversion 


And this is my adorable (and very old) ragimuffin cat,
Marisol, who I loving refer to as Little Mama and Lady Kitty and never by her real name. (I got my vintage table with 4 chairs for $7.50 at a yard sale when I was 20.)

I got her from Jake's Place cat shelter in South Buffalo
in spring of '07. She was very badly abused and lived under my couch for a long time after I brought her home. It took her 5 months to lay on my lap. She is now a total sweetheart who loves cuddling. That's right, I plan to be a creepy cat lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment