About Me

My photo
New homeowner in Black Rock, Buffalo NY. Bachelors in art ed, masters in social studies/ special ed, job where I use neither. Addiction to thrifting, tights/leggings, boots, VHS tapes and liquid eyeliner. Enjoy painting, drawing and occasionally some chalk on the sidewalk. Love de- and reconstructing clothes, knitting, making jewelry and experimenting with fun eye makeup and hair color changes. Love the outdoors, learning to garden, practicing composter. Obsessed with greening up my life but not a preachy, pretentious jerk about the subject (maybe a bit pushy on the recycling thing *cough*). Loads of interests, small circle of friends, always looking for more of both. My fashion is influenced by street style, movies, comics, and my imagination.

Monday, February 13, 2012

2-10-12 outfit

 Just a little something I threw on to be comfortable for a ten hour work day.

I'm disappointed my leggings didn't come out better - they are somewhat sheer with an opaque lacey diamond pattern. Very comfortable and warmer than tights.

Dress - $6, Target


Leggings - $5 CW Price




Sheer long sleeved undershirt with lace shoulders- $ 3 Amvets Thrift Store


Combat boots by MIA - $3.99 Amvets




Necklaces - $2 each, Amvets Thrift Store.

Ring - $7 H & M (purchased with gift card I got for Xmas)



 Rings at right -
 Sterling silver and turquoise diamond shape-$14, flea market

Sterling (?) and turquoise oval - gift 




Make up - Urban Decay liquid liner in Perversion, lilac shadow from Claire's (inner corner), Jordanna quick liner in Breeze Blue.

 The rare occasion where I put up my hair in anything but pigtails. I need it cut and colored BADLY and have been too lazy to do it myself (I usually maintenance myself between visits to my stylist, which I only make maybe 4 or 5 times a year). I have just been dyeing my underlayer and bangs for convenience sake rather than my hold head, as my hair grows VERY fast and I don't want to deal with obvious roots. It was burnt orange with purplish-red streaks, but has faded to whatever this is, with a few pinkish threads.

Vintage deer - $1.49
Vintage shelf - gift



 

Butterfly clip at right - $2, Claire's



Outfit total (minus make-up and gifts) - $38

No comments:

Post a Comment